Friday, October 07, 2005

What is your Lens on the World????

As I'm sure you know, I read Seth Godin's blog on a regular basis and have "borrowed" many of his best ideas for use in my business. Now, Papa [Seth] has a brand new bag [sorry, couldn't resist a 60's music reference].

Seth is starting to introduce "Squidoo". He has posted various cryptic messages on his blog over the past few months (like, "I'm working on something big", or "It will be out soon.") and the cat is starting to come out of the bag !

Today, Oct. 7, 2005, he posted "Everyone is An Expert", a PDF document, that explains the idea of a "Lens" for the Internet. Check it out.

I read through his PDF ebook and it appears that Seth has hit on a key value that certain sites provide... the value of "meaning", or a quick way to get "the big picture" so you can make sense of all the data and marketing and garbage on the web (without meaning it is sometimes hard to distinguish good data from garbage or hype).

I am hoping that I will be able to participate in Seth's new endeavor. It is an interesting idea and, like most of his previous idea, it is sure to spread quickly !

Write ON!

Dave Wheeler
Founder, NoteWordy.com

PS If you want to check out the blog for Squidoo it is here. The whole site is not up yet, so we will have to wait and see when it appears!

No comments: